Monday, March 28, 2011

Home is where the heart is

How blessed am I to live in such a beautiful town. 


10 reasons why I love Jeffreys Bay...


  1. I love the way the the sea air curdles with the sharp green   smell of Fynbos before settling on my nose early in the morning. Its this very smell that reminds me of my Grandpa Siddy Pop when he would drive us to Jeffreys bay. I would always fall asleep at the car and remember being awakened by this smell which served as a sign that we were not far away.
  2. I love the way that Jeffreys bay is so mysterious and unpredictable, how without warning mist fills the town in seconds.
  3. I love the way that you can always expect to see dolphins surfing the waves, because 8 times out of 10 you'll find them, and can be even lucky enough to be in the water with them.
  4. I love the fact that the sun nearly always shines.
  5. I love all the beaches and watching the children playing in the rock pools on the weekends.
  6. I love that that there is always someone from a foreign land to meet and greet
  7. I love that everyone surfs after work.
  8. I love that there is no traffic, and general cruising speed is 60 unless you get stuck behind the ginseng violet brigade after a day at the salon.
  9. I love the humble nature of the town and how accepting it is of everyone no matter how different you think you are, you don't have to compete for space.
  10. I love the raw natural beauty it offers from the formations of the sand dunes to how when the wind blows you sometimes can not possibly tell which direction it is coming from, leaving you feeling like you are levitating.

No comments:

Post a Comment